I'm having one of the more productive days of my life.
I am, at this moment....
1. Roasting pork butt.
2. Cooking beef/pork stew
3. Prepping a second batch of beef/pork stew.
4. Chicken and sausage gumbo.
5. Planning crawfish etoufee.
6. Washing laundry.
7. Preparing to hang curtains in Daniel's room.
The pork butt has 20 degrees left to go to be "done". But I want the sucker to shred, so I might leave it in longer. I plan on dividing it into 3 or four portions of shredded pork for use in a stir fry and fajitas this week...The extra meat will ensure leftovers.
The beef pork stew...I'll be portioning off lunch for both of us, dinner for one night this week, and the rest of the first batch and all of the second will go in the freezer for another night I don't feel like cooking.
The gumbo...same deal. Dinner tonight...lunch for both of us, and the rest in the freezer.
The crawfish etoufee...I'll be chopping vegetables for today. I probably won't put it together until Thursday night. So, I'll call this one at the "thawing tails" stage. Even doing it properly...in the fridge. The USDA would be so proud.
Laundry...this should require no explanation.
Curtains...we got a pair of cream colored panels and a double-rod mount so we can hang the valance in front of them without having two sets of curtain rod hardware. Just need to get the tools in the room and start screwing stuff into the wall. (I'm nervous about that...what with all the time it took to actually get the wall painted.)
Finally...after I get the diswasher emptied and reloaded, laundry switched...it will be time to vacuum the livingroom. I've been putting that off because we're supposed to be ripping up the carpet any day now. I've put it off a few days too long. The sawdust from cutting laminate aggravated Rob's sinuses and so the carpet has once again become a conspirator in keeping him sick.
Next weekend...spaghetti sauce and chili. And maybe some chocolate chip cookie dough. :)
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment