Wednesday, October 3, 2007

9 Pounds

You're absolutely right. It's way too early for the baby to weigh that much. As of today, I'm 24 weeks...that would be what, 6 months pregnant? I'm a little fuzzy on how that exactly works. Baby weighs a pound probably, maybe a little more.

During my first pre-natal visit, the doctor said she wanted me to gain 25 pounds. I was a little skeptical at the time. The last time I really gained weight, I put on 14 pounds my freshman year of high school. I gained ten more before I graduated, and ten more on top of that during my years in Louisiana.

No, I've gained 15 pounds since April and 9 of them I got last month. I'm thinking gaining another 10 pounds isn't going to be a problem. (Not with all the spaghetti I've been eating.)

On that thought, I have a tip on bringing spaghetti to work. I like my noodles al dente, so if I prepare the spaghetti with the sauce the noodles will absorb a lot of it before I get to eat it. When I reheat it, it's more like spaghetti-flavored noodles. So, what I've started doing is pouring the sauce over the noodles before I leave for work. It heats very nicely.

Anyway, the doctor tells me that Daniel is doing very well. My growth, which I assume is a direct result of his growth, is right on track. (Baby Center says that he's a foot long now.) His heartbeat is a strong and regular 135 today. And despite the fact that I can't always feel him, he's apparently moving around a lot. The only interruptions of his heartbeat on the Doppler today were thumps caused by him moving around and, just like during last month's ultrasound, I didn't feel a thing.

Oh, and he seems to think that my bladder makes a good chair...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You think that's bad now Wendy..I can't wait to see what you're thinking when you're closer to your due date! BTW...when are we going to see pictures of you? I'm dying to know what you look like pregnant. You are always so stinkin' skinny that you're probably one of those cute pregnant women that make the rest of us want to puke