Saturday, December 6, 2008

43 Weeks (and getting better!)

Nebalizin' with my da-da

After the tantrums he threw a month ago when these were first prescribed, I was pessimistic that Daniel would ever tolerate the mask on his face, but surprisingly, this go around he didn't fight much at all. In fact, by Thursday night, he even seemed to enjoy it a little. I think it might be instinct, but he opens his mouth wide for the nebulizer treatments.


I feel much better.

What a difference a pneumonia diagnosis makes! One (nasty) shot and two hours later, we had our little boy back...sorta. So, he wasn't all better, but he was smiling and chasing his toys all over the floor. Pretty long way from sleeping for hours on end, moaning and whining, coughing and crying, and running a fever that Tylenol didn't really know what to do with.

I went back to work on Thursday and Friday. Rob stayed home with Daniel, took him to his doctor appointments and gave him his medications. The way Rob tells it, they played until they both passed out.


Balls!


So Daniel's new thing is to grab two like toys...rings, chain links, or these webby balls...one in each hand, and crawl around the livingroom. It's never a ring in one hand and a ball in the other...always like toys. It's very funny.