Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Daniel's First Cold

My nose is making funny noises.


Our poor monkey has had a stuffy nose for almost a week. He breathes alright most of the time. But then he takes a deep breath, sucks the mucus down his throat, and chokes. Then he coughs, cries, sneezes, coughs some more. When we're lucky, he blows snot out of his nose...when we're not so lucky, he throws up an ounce or two of formula.

We bought a cold mist humidifier. I was giving him saline drops...however, I stopped that yesterday. He's much better today, so I'm just going to stop that. I was told that he's going to be stuffy 7-10 days. All I can do is try to make him comfortable.

He hasn't eaten much today. He gets about 2 oz down and then just stops. He's also very tired. We're thinking it's a combination of the cold and adjusting to daycare. Ms. Crystal says that weird changes in behavior just like this are very common with infants. She also has expressed surprise at our lack of freaking out. Apparently, we don't act much like first-time parents, which we'll take as a compliment.

No comments: