Wednesday, June 4, 2008

First Bite

I don't know about this, Mommy...but okay, if you say so.


Ugh...it's thick!


Daniel approached his first experience with food on a spoon academically. He took it in, he moved it around on his tongue, and he decided it was too weird and spit it out.

We saw the nice doctor and the not-so-nice nurse on Monday. (She's actually very sweet; she's just the one that sticks him with needles.) Daniel is now 26 inches tall and weighs 14 lbs. I think his head circumference was 43 cm, but I don't remember. Shame on me. Anyhow...he's stayed on his growth track: 75th percentile for height, 50th for head circumference, 25th for weight.

We are very encouraged by the fact that after 8 weeks of back to back colds and sleeping on a flat surface that he hasn't had an ear infection. (Crossing fingers, knocking on wood, and praying silently to whatever deity might be listening that the luck continues there.) I think our chances are good that he won't need shunts.

The doctor said that he's healthy, growing well, and developing well. We were so very happy to hear that.

At the daycare yesterday, Daniel ran a little fever. I think it's from the polio vaccine. He didn't have a fever with the first set of shots...the polio shot was the new one this time. They do underarm readings...so they have to add...and 98.5 become 99.5. They have to send him home at 100 for 24 hours, regardless of the cause. So, quick trip to Wal-Mart for baby tylenol saves the day...and today as well. Because even though I wouldn't mind staying home with Daniel for the day, my boss might.

Ms. Vicki comments that Daniel pulled and scooted himself about two feet across a mat the other day to get a toy. He has also, without holding onto anyone's fingers, lifted his head and tried to sit up. Rob and I look at these things and say, "That's our boy." But she's been working at the daycare going on nine years. So when she seems astounded by half of the things he does, it makes me wonder.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww...but yet his face says...mommie add some flippin fruit to it. Tastes like crap!!! lol. Can't believe how fast time has flown.