Saturday, September 15, 2007

Conversation with Jacob Whitney

Last weekend, we went to Brian and Michele's house to catch up and watch the LSU game. Immediately when we came into the house, I was interviewed by their 4-year-old, Jacob.

Jacob: Hi!
Me: Hey Jacob!
Jacob: How are you feeling?
Me: I'm feeling good.
Jacob: How's the baby? (as he falls of the couch onto their wood floor)
Me: The baby's good! How are your knees?
Jacob: Not so good.

I go into the kitchen. Jacob and his little sister follow me and pull me into Julia's room.

Me: Are you supposed to be jumping on the bed?
Jacob: No!
Me: Okay, then. Let's not do that.

Jacob and Julia get off of bed and pull me down to the floor to play with Mr. Potato Head. I manage to make it back to the livingroom in about 10 minutes. I sit down on the couch. Jacob and Julia join me.

Jacob: What are you having?
Me: A boy.
Jacob: What's his name?
Me: His name is Daniel.
Jacob: Oh. That's a good name. We have to go into the play room.
Me: Okay. I'll stay here on the couch.
Jacob (grabbing my hand): No, you have to come too.
Me: Why do I have to come?
Jacob: Because I LOVE you!

They're such great kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo laughing my butt off right now. Your friend's son Jacob, sounds almost EXACTLY like my son Jacob....who by the way, is almost the same age. hehehehehe

Boys are fun....

And about the TV comment you made on another blog...well, I watch TV...just not til the kids are asleep.