
I'm so glad this turned out. I took it in the dark and the shutter and flash startled him, so it was the only one I dared to take.
I was a little nervous about daycare while I was on maternity leave. Okay, you got me...I was a LOT nervous. But, you know what, daycare has turned out to be a great thing. Daniel sleeps through the commute almost every day. He takes a 6 oz bottle around 6 p.m, a bath around 7, and is down for the night by eight. The past two nights he was asleep at 6:30, so we've skipped the bath.
He sleeps about 10 hours now. Two days this week I had to wake him up to eat. That's fun. He's okay for a moment, just a little disoriented, and then he realizes that he's wet and hungry. In fact, he's so hungry, he cries every morning, "Forget the diaper, Mommy!" Yes...my son, Mr. I-Can't-Stand-A-Wet-Diaper, puts full belly before dry butt. But Mommy doesn't.
Mommy, in fact, is up well before Daniel these days. I have 8 oz of formula sitting on the table before he even makes a peep. And since Daniel tends to forget about eating if he gets distracted, I don't like having to stop in the middle of a feeding to change his diaper...particularly not in the morning when there's the risk of him wanting the rest of that bottle in the car.
During the day, he eats three or four times, takes four 30-60 minute naps, and spends his waking hours between diaper changes flirting with his teachers. They say that he and baby Victoria are becoming great friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment