Thursday, January 17, 2008

39 Weeks and a Date to Induce

Finally...I'm 1 cm dialated. And I'm so happy that the doctor's prodding came away with something other than a closed tight cervix. So, with any luck, this will all be over in a few days. But just in case, we have plans to induce, so next Friday at the latest. I guess its time to pack a few bags for the hospital.

Daniel's awake at the moment and moving around and while I have enjoyed every move he's made, tonight it feels for the first time like he's going to kick right through the bottom of my uterus. My right leg has these pains in the joint where the femur meets the pelvis, like it wants to dislocate itself. That's been going on for about a week or so. But now I feel like there's a blunt metal object being pressed into my pubic bone right below the baby's head. And I'm feeling an aftershocks of that through the muscle that has forgotten just how to control my bladder.

But...would I call any of this contractions? I wouldn't, but I may be wrong.

Rob and I attended a baby care class tonight. It was very cute to see him change diapers on a doll. It was also very disturbing to see him squeeze all the air out of the doll's head during the restroom break.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would say this weekend. He'll wait for grandma.

Anonymous said...

Wendy...get yourself some frozen peas and use them as an ice pack. I had that too, and the ob called it "sciatica" and it sucked!

I can't wait!!! The little guy will wait for his grandma.

Unknown said...

Sounds like Rob... ;)
I can't wait until he shows up and we see pictures!!!