Saturday, January 5, 2008

Still Waiting

After putting me through a second uncomfortable test, my doctor has determined that my cervix is still shut tight. To be honest, I'm not entirely upset about that. And, I'm sure my mother will appreciate his (stubborn) patience.

So, I have 15 days to go. I even have a countdown...TMZ is eagerly awaiting the births of both Nicole Ritchie and Christina Aguilera's babies, and coincidentally, they both have about the same amount of time left as me.

Rob is hoping the baby comes on the 17th. My mother comes on the 19th, so that will give us a full two weeks with Mom helping out. I'm hoping the baby comes on the 20th, so Mom can be in the delivery room with me since Rob won't be. It's not that he doesn't want to be. It's that they'd need to bring in nurses to take care of him. He really doesn't do well with other people's bodily fluids. I suppose he'll have to get over that considering the next two years or so will be partially consumed by Daniel's.

We're almost done with the house. I'm almost completely done going through the backlog of paperwork dating back to 1999. Only one pile left to shred. I'm starting to gather information for 2007 taxes. I've entered the addresses from Christmas card envelopes into my Blackberry so that I can send cards next year. We have to put the construction tools in the garage, move some stuff back into the office, hang some curtains and pictures....then there's the NORMAL housework to do. I'm still trying to catch up with laundry from a month ago.

I'll tell you, I really love the new floors. I'm simultaneously gratified and disgusted every time I Swiffer the livingroom floor and remove a cloth clogged with all the dirt I couldn't see when I started. And I think, this was collecting in the carpet, accumulating daily, for years. Rob hasn't had a problem breathing since we finished the living room floor. I can't wait to get all the extra stuff out of the living room and do a damp mop, just so I can say, with absolute certainty...this floor is clean.

Well, I'm going to get on that To Do list.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a dork...and don't have a Blackberry to do it, and my hubby keeps throwing away paper that I write it on. Could you please e-mail me your address so that I can send you a New Year's card? I was too sick to do Christmas cards...so I did New Year's ones instead. Hope you're still feeling OK...good luck with the baby! Can't wait to see the little guy!