Saturday, January 12, 2008

Congrats Nicole

Well, the rumor is that my aforementioned celebrity countdown has hit zero. Nicole Richie had her daughter yesterday and Christina Aguilera is rumored to have also had her baby.

Meanwhile, I'm still not entirely sure what a contraction is. My doctor says the weird pain that I had in New York, and have felt twice since then, were contractions. She also told me on Thursday that they first ones leading into labor aren't painful...so I may be having them and just not know what they are. She said that I should feel lightness across my belly and pressure pushing down.

Okay...I think I've been feeling that for a few months now. If I'm right, its the sensation I described to my mother a while back as my entire uterus being bounced like a ball. Braxton-Hicks contractions maybe? I dunno.

Rob's co-workers threw us a baby shower yesterday. I was told a week ago, but he found out when he walked into the room. It was quite funny. They gave us some cool things. Robin made us a diaper cake and a Memory Jarl. The Memory Jar is for putting scrap book stuff into...because everyone plans to do the scrap book but never finds the time. This jar has a note pad and a pen and you can write down the date that stuff happens and add the entries to the scrap book when you do finally find the time. Very, very cool. We also got a bag of toys and an offer of babysitting services from Lea, a Cars themed blanket cake, and a gift certificate to Wal-Mart. Amazingly, both of "cakes" were car themed...and neither of the women knew we did cars in the nursery.

From my coworkers, we've gotten a cradle swing, crib sheet and bumper, towels, washcloths, and onsies. (I've been told that we can't have too many of those). And there was also a really, really cute teddy bear rattle.

I still have to pack for the hospital and set up a changing station in the nursery, wash all of the new stuff we've bought and received for the baby. As anxious as I am for the baby to come, I could really use another week to get ready for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my dear...you're in the final days. Enjoy the quiet...because it'll be the last time you hear silence...and not have to fear it! I've learned, if it's quiet...so investigate, because SOMEthing or SOMEone is doing something or has broken something they shouldn't. LOL

Onesies...a necessity. In the summer...that's all the kids slept in, and in the winter...they both wore them under their clothes.

I miss you and pray you and your family are safe! You look great Wendy.

Anonymous said...

I forgot...when I was having contractions...my entire belly felt really hard...it was the weirdest thing to feel my belly, and have it feel like a rock. Weird things that I've remembered I tell ya!