And nothing.
I had second thoughts about the induction. I make the mistake of googling "elective induction" and what I read pretty much freaked me out. Everything was about controversy, risks, and how nature should be allowed to take its course. The doctor said that she understood and that she'd be fine with moving it back to next Wednesday if it made me feel better. I asked for a cervix test to see how we've progressed. I'm still at 1 cm, but she ordered an ultrasound to check amniotic fluid and there isn't any to speak of. One pocket on the upper left side of my uterus, but otherwise, it's just him in there.
Anyhow, I was nervous about the idea of inducing for convenience sake. I was doing it primarily for my mother, who is only going to be in town for another week. And, while I love her an all...the idea of risking an unnecessary cesarean really did scare me. But, having so little amniotic fluid left is a medical concern and pretty much takes matters out of my hands.
So this is it. We're scheduled for induction tonight at 12:30 AM. On a side note, he's moving around pretty well for not having a pool to swim in.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well...you are definitely in my prayers for a safe delivery...but most importantly, a healthy little Daniel Jackson Russo! Just remember, it isn't important how the little guy gets here as long as he's healthy. Love to you THREE!
Post a Comment