Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First Nap In My Crib

It was time to pump again, and anymore I don't dare do it in the same room as Daniel. He's becoming more of a light sleeper during the day. So, I have the breastpump in the office. And if Daniel woke up while I was pumping, I didn't want to run through the whole house, so I laid him down in his crib instead.



I was going to take a closer picture, but the iris snap and the lens flash scared him. (I was afraid of that, but I wanted to get the moment.) He fell asleep immediately.

I have a feeling that my pumping days are coming to a end. I'm not producing that much, to start. And finding time to pump is becoming harder. I was pumping every three hours. Then it was every five. Then nine. And now, I'm going on 12 hours...and I'm still getting only 2 oz per pump. So that's 4 per day...barely enough for one feeding. And we've noticed that when we feed Daniel a bottle of breastmilk that he's hungry again in an hour. I think that my struggle to find time to eat as well has make the milk insubstantial and his system is obliterating it on contact. For the next few weeks, I'll continue pumping as I have time, but rather than give him whole bottles of breast milk, I'll be adding it to formula...so he'll still be getting the immunities, whatever I'm actually providing, but he'll be getting the nutrition he needs from the formula.

Oops. He's awake. Gotta go.

No comments: