
Daniel didn't sleep for shit today. I think his longest nap was 30 minutes, and that was around 4:30 p.m. He ate every three hours, had three dirty diapers and about 20 wet ones. And he was HAPPY, which is the part I don't get.
By the time Rob got home, I was concerned and even a little frustrated...and Daniel hadn't even started getting fussy yet.
I fed him at 6 p.m. He fell asleep at about 3 1/2 ounces. Woke up 15 minutes later with a wet diaper. And that's when everything went to hell. He started screaming like he was stabbed. I'd calm him down, get him back to sleep, and that would last a few minutes and then he'd start crying again. I changed three wet diapers, swaddled him, unswaddled him, rocked him, checked his diaper, tried to burp him...but everything I tried only pissed him off more, until all that was left was to try feeding him again.
But all the bottles had just been washed, Rob was in the bathroom, and I had to get a Playtex liner into a bottle while holding a screaming baby, (which wasn't going to happen.)
I laid Daniel down on the counter and leaned over him while working the liner into bottle with one arm on either side of his head. He's not rolling over yet, but with my the way things were going, that would have been the moment he figured out how.
He drank all but what remained in the nipple and at 8:15 p.m., he is finally sleeping. Here's hoping he stays asleep until 3 a.m.
Update: He woke up at 3:17 a.m. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment