
He looks at these three photos a lot while he's awake in his swing. I didn't think that he could make out objects from six feet away yet. And while I know that he is starting to recognize us, I don't honestly think that he can pick our faces out of the photos from six feet away. But he seemed to know just what he was looking at when he was closer to those photos.
I moved forward a step and he then found me in a picture with four of my friends. Then he looked up and found Rob in a picture of him with his cousins.

As a test, I took him over to the other side of the room and showed him the pictures of his great-great-grandparents.

For grandpa's picture, Daniel ignored it completely and looked up at the fleur de lis finial on the curtain rod. I stepped to the left and he did then turn his attention down to grandma's image. He did look at her, but then got bored and turned back towards the curtain.
So, maybe it was our images in the other photos that held his attention. If so, that's really cool.
1 comment:
I printed out large photos of Noelle and Aspen's grandparents, my grandparents and Heidi and Sean and posted them on the wall. The photos are cropped and selected to show just their face. We live in a crappy old apartment so we don't worry too much about style. I posted these up in the "kids room". Since we live so far away with little opportunity for the kids to meet their grandparents I thought this would help. As a baby, Noelle loved to look at the pictures. And even now she still does. Aspen of course loves to look at them too. You know they love faces. I point to the pictures and tell them "Grandma, this is grandma." or "This is grandpa, grandpa." I think that it helped when we did get to see them for the first time. Video chat also helped a lot.
Post a Comment