Monday, March 3, 2008

Me and My Giraffe



I had to take a shower. Just had to. So I put him in his bassinet and while I was putting in the toy bars, the giraffe fell off and landed on his chest. Daniel picked his hand up and the giraffe got trapped under his chin. And what a cute little happy accident.

He started crying the moment I stepped into the shower, of course, but I let him cry long enough to wash and dry off. I put his pacifier back in and then returned to the bathroom to get dressed. And he fell right to sleep and didn't make another peep until I sat down to upload this. He's woken up three times since then.

I am now filling his nursers to the rim...about 5 oz...and he's drinking every last drop. I think the next time he wakes up hungry, I'm going to give him 6 oz and see what he does.

And yes, I've heard lots of advice about putting rice cereal in his bottle. I won't do that, at least not yet. There are new studies showing that this very practice may trigger food allergies, which Daniel is predisposed to develop. The studies might be full of shit, but then again, they might not be. What I do know is which way I'd rather be wrong so for now we'll stick with the formula.

My other thought on his recent crankiness is that he's just very tired. He needs to sleep, but he doesn't seem to want to.

No comments: